The new standard: PT9 Ninety
IMO resolution MSC.333(90): On ships which are built on or after July 1, 2014, underwater locating devices must ensure a regulatory transmission time of at least 90 days.
Minimum Performance Standards
- SAE AS8045A
- IEC 61996-1 (2013-05) Ed. 2.0
This standard incorporates the applicable parts of the performance standards included in IMO Resolution MSC.333(90).
- Length 98mm (3,85 inch), Diameter 33mm (1,3 inch) same as PT9 C-Proof
- Weight: 187 g (6.6 ounces)
- Self-contained, lithium battery (field replaceable)
- Non restricted for transport (UN3091/PI970)
- Actuation: Automatically by both, fresh and salt water, at all depths from 0.15 m/0.5 ft to 6096 m/20000 ft within 4 hours after immersion
- Operating Depth: Surface to 6096 m/20000 ft
- Operating Temperature: -2 °C (28 °F) to +38 °C (100 °F).
- Radiation Pattern: 80% of a spherical pattern
- Operating Frequency: 37.5 ± 1 kHz
- Pulse Length: 9.0 ms minimum.
- Repetition Rate: 0.9 pulse/s minimum
- Operating Life: 90 days
Acoustic Outputs on Activation
- Initial Operation: 106 N/m2 (1060 dyne/cm2) r.m.s. (during the pulse) pressure normalized to 1 metre range, that is, at a level of 160.5 dB vs 1 μPa at 1 metre
- Immediately after 90 days continuous operation: 70 N/m2 (700 dyne/cm2) r.m.s. (during the pulse) pressure normalized at 1 metre range, that is, at a level of 157 dB vs 1 μPa at 1 metre
A new formulated ceramic coating topped the already excellent corrosion protection. Hence the PT9 ninety withstands the extreme environmental conditions on sea even longer. Approved in long term testing and guaranteed by us.
BSH approved compatibility
Periphery and Equipment